Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Meeting With the President

The good folks up in Oskaloosa hosted me the other day, because the president was coming to town, and they needed a few dignitaries to sit in the second row (the first row was taken up by "people of importance", which means "people most likely to show up at council meetings and complain about their lousy seats").  I've got to say two things about President Obama: 1) the man knows when to wear a tie and when to go without (I was wearing a tie the whole time out of respect, but I could have taken it off, as it was hotter than blazes out there), and 2) he's got a good firm handshake and he looks you in the eye. I tend to be afraid I'm going to squeeze too hard, and to shift my eyes away from anyone I think might ask me a direct question. So I'm going to work on that, and study this tape I was lucky enough to shoot. God Bless Verne, and God Bless America.

No comments: