Thursday, October 23, 2008

A HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE!


Despite the stress of the campaign, my personal physician, Dr. Elias Bazelle (pictured above), has given me a clean bill of health. Yup, I had my yearly checkup this week, and the good doctor pronounced me "Ready to Serve"! Sure, I have the usual few pounds he wants me to take off, and he would like me to get more exercise. He also would like me to eat more healthy, more fruits and vegetables. And he's got me on a statin for my cholesterol. It's also pretty clear I'll need knee surgery in the not-too-distant future, and I was really sucking wind during that treadmill stress test!

But it's good to have the doctor confirm what I already knew: That I'm in tip-top physical condition, and the good people of Verne can rest easy knowing their Mayor is taking care of himself (BONNIE'S NOTE: IF YOU SEE THE MAYOR AT MILLIE'S ORDERING THE BROASTED CHICKEN, TRY TO STEER HIM TOWARD THE FRUIT SALAD).

Gaod Bless Verne, and God Bless America.

No comments: